Tamerica Return & Warranty Repair Policy
Tamerica Products, Inc.’s (TPI) limited warranty guarantees our products are warranted to be within manufacturer’s specifications but no warranty of fitness for purpose is expressed. This limited warranty expresses the entire obligation of TPI. Unless prohibited by law, neither this warranty nor any other warranty expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability shall extend upon this warranty period.
The product referred to herein may include a machine and accessory items but are not limited to foot pedal/controller, miscellaneous tools and other consumables. Except as otherwise provided herein, TPI warrants the product and the accompanying accessories and consumables will be free of defects in materials and workmanship when used under normal conditions.
Depending on the piece of equipment, the general warranty period is 1 year from the date of original delivery of the product after purchase from an authorized dealer or reseller of TPI that covers parts, labor and accompanying accessory items. The original delivery date shall be determined from the delivery receipt and/or tracking information to prove purchase and receipt.
No responsibility is assured for incidental or consequential damages. This warranty only covers warranty service for products purchased and used within the 48 Contiguous States, Hawaii and Alaska excluded.
This warranty covers all defects incurred in the normal use of the product except in the following cases:
- Physical damage to the product incurred during shipment or due to improper installation, lack of periodic maintenance, and failure to follow operating instructions which may result to abnormal use, misuse, neglect or accident (including, but not limited to, transporting this product without the appropriate packaging).
- The product was modified or altered in any way by anyone other than a certified technician authorized by TPI and/or the removal or alteration of the serial number.
- Consumables and other “wearables” that require periodic maintenance or replacement including or not limited to, cutting blades and cutting sticks in the case of paper cutters, slitters for laminators, and punch pins and hot knife blades for binding machines.
What to do
- Customers are given 10-days Grace Period (10 business days) to file claims which starts upon receipt of the product therefore it is very important to inspect the product immediately upon delivery to determine if there is any indication it may have been damaged while in transit. If so, it should be properly noted on the delivery receipt and reported to their authorized TPI Dealer. Otherwise, claims will not be accepted.
- Merchandise shipped from our warehouse is always in good condition and in general, our term of sale is FOB origin. If the entire shipment was damaged by a freight carrier while in transit, the customer should refuse delivery. If only a portion of the shipment was damaged, details of the damage must be clearly indicated on the delivery receipt. Otherwise, claims will not be accepted.
- For “concealed damage” where it is physically impossible to note the damage at the time of delivery, customers should, in good faith, immediately inform TPI or the authorized dealer the product was purchased from about the damage. Again, all claims must still be made within the 10-day grace period.
- If a shipment is received “clean” wherein no damage is noted on the delivery receipt but the customer perceives and experiences any issues with the product, they should report it to the authorized dealer or reseller within the 10-day grace period to avail of free pickup and redelivery from TPI’s Service Center should the product need to be replaced. Take note of the following:
4.1. TPI reserves the right to determine whether an outright replacement will be sent or not. Phone or video calls can usually help identify the issue and sometimes offer the solution through troubleshooting.
4.2. A return shipping label will be sent and the customer must repack the product in its original packaging with a Return Authorization Number (RA) clearly printed on it.
4.3. Credit will only be given after the returning product is fully inspected after receipt and the issue is properly validated as a factory defect since these can only be determined in person by an authorized TPI technician. Note that if the issue is found to be not a defect from factory, condition # 11.1 will be applied. Further, should there be any indication or evidence the reported issue was caused by any of the exceptions indicated above, TPI also has the discretion to void the warranty.
- After the 10-day grace period and within the duration of the warranty, TPI reserves the right to send an authorized service technician, send service parts and instructions, video-call, or supply a refurbished or remanufactured replacement product and use refurbished parts provided such replacement products conform to the manufacturer’s specifications for new parts/products.
- If TPI determines the product needs to be sent back for claims or warranty repair, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping while ensuring it does not get damaged while in transit therefore it is highly recommended they keep all original packaging materials for the duration of the warranty period (see #14.) They will also be supplied a RA# which the customer should clearly print on the box. The repaired or replacement product, whether remanufactured or refurbished, will be covered by the balance of the warranty period and be returned to the customer freight prepaid.
- Upon evaluation of the product and the determination of the actual defect, the product will be restored to its original working condition by the Service Center and shipped back to the customer free of charge. However, should it be evident that the problems associated with the product were caused by or were the result of any misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, problems with electrical power, usage not in accordance with product instructions, acts of nature, or improper installations or repairs made by a person other than an authorized Service Technician, the customer will be charged for parts, labor, and return freight.
- Take note that it will normally take TPI at least 2 weeks to diagnose, fix, and return the product to the customer. It may take even longer depending on the problems with the product and current workload at the service center. Verification of the claimed defect by TPI authorized personnel will be required prior to issuance of proper credit, exchange, or repair. NOTE: Customers should contact their authorized TPI dealer for loaner machines for this is something that TPI does not provide.
- A 20% restocking fee is charged should a customer return a non-defective product (e.x. customer changes their mind about the purchase and would like to return the product.) Consistent with above, the customer will shoulder the freight cost and should ship the product back in its complete, original packaging within the 10-day grace period and the machine should be in good, resalable condition. Otherwise, there may be additional charges to restore the product to resalable condition.
- If a customer wants to return a product for a refund within the grace period due to a perceived issue with the product, TPI will send a label for the return and inspect the product thoroughly upon arrival. If the issue is found to have been caused by a factory defect, TPI will issue full credit for the transaction.
10.1. If the issue was caused by the customer due to misuse in any which way or form, TPI will not issue any refund and will send a separate bill for freight and will wait for advise from the Dealer on how to proceed on the returned product. If the Dealer decides to have the product shipped to them to resell or to another customer altogether, TPI will provide a repair cost estimate, including all other related costs to make the product resalable, and will only proceed after confirmation by the Dealer. TPI will also ship the said product on the Dealer’s account.
- If a customer wants to return a product after the grace period due to a perceived issue on the product, TPI will not accept such return and will honor the warranty repair of the said product if proven to be defective from factory.
- If a customer perceives a defect or encounters an issue with their product and reports it within the grace period, TPI will try to troubleshoot assuming the Dealer has first already tried to assist them. If the issue persists, TPI will send a replacement for free and pay for the return of the defective product by sending a label thru the Dealer after confirmation of the defect by our technician. However, the returning product must be packed in its original packaging with an RA# clearly printed on it, and credit will only be given after the returning product is inspected and the issue is validated as a factory defect. #10.1 will apply if the issue was not a defect from factory.
- If a product develops issues outside of the grace period but is still covered by the warranty, TPI reserves the right to assist the customer via video phone and send parts if needed, or, have the product in question sent back to our service center for proper evaluation and more thorough repair if needed. The customer has to pay for 1-way freight and TPI covers cost to repair and return the product to the customer if the issues were not due to misuse on the customer’s part.
- Warranty will be void if the product is not returned (for repair, refund, exchange, etc.) in its complete packaging including all stuffing such as styrofoam & other fillers thereby it is very critical these are not discarded for the duration of the warranty period. Should the machine get damaged while in transit to us, the customer assumes full responsibility. Exception is when TPI sends a call tag.